Coffee

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Monday 15 April 2019

The God of Media

Game of thrones started back this week (yay!!). I am glad it’s back because I’ve been in a bit of a rut with tv, movies, games and music lately. I occasionally get like this though. Being in the era of Netflix where whole series are at our beckon call we can binge tv shows in days rather than the months it takes for tv to air their shows. 



With that we finish shows in record time and then we want more and more. New content constantly and unfortunately that’s not always possible. So upon writing this post I’m up to date with game of thrones, I watched our planet over the space of a weekend, umbrella academy has fully been watched and I’ve tried to watch other shows to get into them but after an episode of Russian doll and part of an episode of a series of unfortunate events I found myself either looking at watching altered carbon again (as I’m listening to the audiobook when I can) or trying to find something new. I could potentially scroll through more shows and give them a shot but I found myself catching up with black mirror. I never watched it when it was big but it’s something fun to watch while I wait for new shows. 


I find it’s the same with movies. Last year there weren’t that many great movies out that I’d want to pay cinema prices to watch and it’s similar this year so far too. I watched captain marvel and loved it, I watched Shazam and surprisingly also loved that too. My next big movie is avengers endgame and I am SO EXCITED for that. It’s gonna be kidney explodingly epic and I’m gonna be dashing for the bathroom the second those credits finish rolling. 


As far as I’m aware however that’s it for movies this year until Star Wars in December. I’m gonna do a quick google so bear with me 
...
I forgot Alita and I loved that movie. It was great but I thought it was last year πŸ˜‚
I also saw glass which was surprisingly good but I saw the other 2 movies in that trilogy so thought why not. 
So from a quick google there’s only 3 movies I know I wanna see the rest of this year that I haven’t mentioned. This isn’t good for me this year as I can’t go to the movies for fun like I’ve been able to in previous years. 


This brings me into games too. Currently working in retail I see the new games that come out and constantly check their prices and nothing is standing out. I mean sure I’ve got games I’ve not yet completed but I find myself spending most of my time lately playing Tetris 99 because it’s quick, I can play it and I keep trying to get that win (highest so far is 2nd). But as far as I’m aware there’s nothing coming out that I want to spend my money on. There’s a few I’d like to try but the prices for games lately are astronomical. 


Maybe this all means that I should read more ... or finally try to get my thin body again but with things going on I’d rather sleep. I’ve still got episodes of tv shows to watch when they’re aired and 5 more episodes of game of thrones so I guess I need to become the best me I can be until I can get lost in media again. Ooooh I just remembered american gods ... I always forget that show on a Monday πŸ˜‚


Also in the meantime I can try to make this blog the best blood I can and include quotes and pictures and everything πŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment