Coffee

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Monday 13 January 2020

Restaurant, Hanging Out, Becoming More Geeky

We’ve made it through the first full week of 2020!! Even with the risk and thought of world war 3 and all kinds of other terrors. Give yourselves a pat on the back because, if you are reading this, you made it!! It took me a bit to figure out what to write in this blog post, its a day later than last week but it hit me that I need to write it on my recent trip to Manchester. My first of 2020. 


I realise this might be boring to people as I’m always going on about going here and how much I love the city but I REALLY DO!! It was part of my resolutions to go to Manchester more and to try new restaurants. I put it out on a Facebook post to ask for different restaurants to go to and I have a huge list that id like to get through. The first on the list was a restaurant I had to go to as it was about to close. This was a bit sad for me as it turns out that I LOVED it. I won’t go on about it much here as you can read my yelp post about it where I went into great detail with pictures and everything. It can be found here; https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/el-taquero-manchester?hrid=evHJg9gB_ThAmTYIriKLDg&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)


Before I got to the restaurant however, I went to work, then went to the Trafford centre where I FINALLY got my Eat restaurant pigs in blankets with mash and OH MY GOD it was perfect. Truly perfect!! So when we finished at the Trafford centre, I hopped on the bus to go into Manchester. I had a list of things I wanted to do so got to them.

The first thing on my list was to go to Primark to check out the new stuff. The new Disney stuff and the new Harry Potter stuff. As its the beginning of January, however, there wasn’t much new things. Most stores are on the switch over from Christmas stuff to new stuff so there wasn’t much for me to get. This isn’t a bad thing though, it means that I can go back and see new new stuff. 

After here I went to Moose coffee to get some hot chocolate sticks for my brother as he seems to have inhaled them. As it was near, I decided to go to the central library to renew my library card. I got it back in 2014 and haven’t been since. When I went down there I saw there was LOADS of people there. Loads of people reading and relaxing and doing work. I didn’t get a good look around as I had things to do but the fact that a public library was full of people and not dead gave me a lovely feeling deep down. In future I need to go back and explore the library a lot more thoroughly to see everything and use it (and also to renew my university library card). 

The last time I was in Manchester, the Christmas markets were in full swing. Without them it looks bare. Granted the town hall area if being worked on so it will be bare for a while but the markets were replaced by people. Lots of wonderful Mancunians and visitors shopping and hanging out. 

I finally was able to get my pot kettle black coffee too after years of wanting to try it … it was alright. From here I went to my geekiness area. The northern quarter. I started at forbidden planet to browse and went onto Fanboy 3. In here there was a get together of people playing boardgames. I believe they were playing role playing games but I didn’t want to look over peoples shoulders and interrupt. I want this. I want to get together with groups of friends to play games and have fun and make up stories and adventures. 

This means that I, somehow, need to find a way to make friends up in Manchester. To find likeminded people who would like to play games and hang out at the geeky bar and just hang out with a guy who lives about 30 miles away (until I can get a job there and afford to move up there). Its hard enough to make friends at the best of time, let alone ones who would do that kinda thing with. 

If anyone has any tips for me, I would be super appreciative. Im staying over in a hotel for a night in February and for 2 nights in March so I can try things then (as well as knock off more of my restaurants and bars list). Heres hoping that I can achieve something positive towards this goal. I’ll let y’all know how it all goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment