Coffee

Buy me a coffeeBuy me a coffee

Sunday 19 January 2020

ITS ALMOST MY BIRTHDAY!!!!


This week has been a strange one. I think this is partly due to me being ready to have a week off work to relax. I never really got much time off over Christmas and new year due to me currently working in retail and the way the days fell, I basically just had Christmas and boxing days off and was in work either side of those.


I mean don’t get me wrong, it was great to have those 2 days off, but other people will have had the whole week off (and on the flips side, some people wont even have had the 2 days off), and with it being one of the busiest times of the year for retail, it took its toll. Plus, we go straight back into the old routine, so we don’t even have a respite there.

So, I’m ready for this week off. Its welcome, plus I get to stay over in Manchester again this week (YAY). The real reason this week has been weird is due to my interactions and observations on social media. I have noticed A LOT of racism, of misogyny, of general douchbaggery and sometimes it takes its toll. Partly due to the fact that its hard to realise that people can be THAT clueless, THAT nasty, THAT evil that they don’t even know what they’re saying/doing, but also that they will vehemently argue the toss of why they are right and why those who oppose them are wrong.

I wont name any names (so I don’t get sued, because I’m practically broke anyways XD ) and I don’t want to get into arguments with people on the internet. I mean I will stand up for those who are being repressed and what not but to argue and debate with the people who send out their racist verbal diarrhoea aren’t going to stop why I show them a different side. If they are going on social media to do this then they’re either looking for the others who agree, and can get away with it as they’re behind a screen/keyboard, or they’re making these statements to get the limelight and the clicks/likes etc. Its basically like trying to convince a brick wall that it’s a tree. Its never going to happen and for my own mental health and sanity, its not worth the effort.

I’m trying this year to be happier and I think I need to start with social media culls, and time away from them completely. I have lots of books to read, podcasts to listen to, pictures to colour, a newly acquired bullet journal to make pretty and more than anything, it being 2020 means that there is an EPIC catalogue of streamable movies, tv shows and even games that I can get lost in and have some happy time.

Of course, I will still be reachable if anyone wants to have an intelligent conversation and not a triad of abuse, then I can be reached on twitter or via the email address listed there and I welcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment